Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fight or Flight

I apreciate the insight into HRIS / HRMS implementation. ....I would like to add my perspective to this.We have a Human Capital Management Software product - Adrenalin


Ok, your pespective is a sales pitch, but I can accept that---sales/marketing people have to make a living too, and they provide quite the entertainment for my EVIL questions when making me sit through a presentation or demo.

I sat through a 4 hour demo today and since I was in a good mood so I didn't draw too much blood, However, they did leave with their usual list of "Ill get back to you on that". Try bringing a tech person with you next time, (although I know why you don't)

My current favorite question: You've shown me quite an impressive array of features and eye candy, what are the biggest complaints you get from your users about what it can't do?

I am somewhat intrigued by the name of the product----Im not quite sure if a stress inducing hormone is the best choice, but then again, it does have the ring of truth about HRIS products.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First things first, sure I am a marketing person and a proud one too. In fact 80% of the communications that happen involves selling ( of ideas, thoughts, product, services, jobs, candidates etc.).

Now coming to Adrenalin..it is not a stress hormone. This hormone induces heart beat and is therefore crucial for our existence. Adrenalin - the product keeps the heart of organisations (Human Resource) beating.

As far as your demo experience goes, I am not sure if you are talking to right people....because in most of our demos (webex meetings), we have a technical team to answer the tough questions.

With regard to our customers, we haven't heard a negative feedback on the product. We deliver what we promise and make sure that we don't over-sell...this approach helps us in setting the expectations right.

Evil HRISguy said...

Hi again!

So what is the biggest complaint(s) from your users about what the product can't do?

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.