Monday, August 6, 2007

The Darkside of HR

I received a thank you note from an HR colleague for contributing towards a gift or some other thing I must have done in one of my less sinister moments.


I normally toss such things directly to the recycle bin, but considering the fact that I actually like this person (yet another weakness) I read it.


This quote caught my attention:


"I really look forward to the times when I work with you and the darkside of HR. "

I have some thoughts on why HRIS might be considered the darkside (other than my sarcastic tendencies giving it a bad name), but that's another post.






2 comments:

Patrick Williams said...

As a "former" HRIS Geek, I can say without reservation that your chosen field isn't the dark-side being referred to here. Sadistic, maybe but NOT the dark side. That dubious honor goes to those who pass out the pink slips and us evil recruiters who bring you in for a one night stand of interviews then never call again!

Great blog and so unexpected from an HRIS person... who'd have thought HRIS and humor in the same bag?!?

Evil HRISguy said...

Hi Patrick!

And welcome to the site.

Ok, Ill go with sadistic, maybe with heavy sarcastic tendencies?

It helps us all survive the day eh?

But remember, don't torment the sadistic HRIS guy--he'll send you over to deal with payroll on your own!