Thursday, February 21, 2008

Two Orders of Magnitude.



Here's a neat little tool for your HR surveys.

www.surveymonkey.com

For approximately 200 bucks a year you can design your own surveys and it does a decent job of collecting, analyzing and providing data. Even EHRIS guy was able to sell this to my penurious management.

I designed a quick 360 feedback that our department heads wanted and had it ready in a day (the wait for "executive final approval" could take weeks, but at least my part is done. ).

Our outsourced provider of eval software gave us a quote of 20,000 to do essentially the same process, but with less flexibility and restricted access to data for further analysis..

Beware the groupthink that says outsourcing always saves money.

5 comments:

Saintly HRIS guy said...

Great blog! I have created my own spin of your blog at:

http://saintlyhrisguy.blogspot.com/

Do you have any suggestions as I try to start my career in HRIS?

Productivity Guy said...

I would use InstantSurvey - http://www.instantsurvey.com/ - better than SurveyMonkey, almost as cheap and has a lot more analysis features (but is still easy to use).

Evil HRISguy said...

Instantsurvey was on my recommended list, but it was a bit more expensive so the parsimonious sr management wouldn't consider it.

Anonymous said...

Beware the groupthink that says outsourcing always saves money.

Balderdash!

I asked three separate vendors, and they assured me that outsourcing is not only the right strategic move, but at the end of the day, it shifts the paradigm by enabling us to focus on core competencies going forward while doing more with less.

Evil HRISguy said...

hehehe, you said "paradigm" heheh

That post made my day!